Gallery Director Notes
Exclusive Silkscreen Remarque
For a limited time only!
An exclusive silkscreen remarque of Timothy Q. Mouse will be applied to each Disney Dumbo Limited Edition Canvas ordered through July 24, 2016.
Estate Edition Sketch
The Estate Edition of Disney Dumbo features a unique hand-drawn sketch on the back of the canvas depicting Casey Junior. This Estate Edition also includes:
- Textured Brushstroke Process
- Additional Highlighting
- Small Edition Size
- Authorized Signature In Silver
Dumbo is a beloved Disney film about overcoming obstacles and the power of positive thinking. The little elephant faces many challenges and conquers them with the love and encouragement of his best friend, Timothy Q. Mouse. This joyful story teaches us many powerful lessons, from feeling good about who we are to embracing the differences of others.
Disney Dumbo by Thomas Kinkade Studios portrays the happiness and pride that his circus friends feel for Dumbo as he soars above the crowd. This painting captures Dumbo’s shining moment, reminding us, as Timothy tells him, “The very things that held you down are going to carry you up and up and up!”
- Disney premiered Dumbo in movie theaters across the United States on October 23, 1941. Thomas Kinkade Studios released the Limited Edition Art Disney Dumbo in celebration of the 75th Anniversary of this classic film.
- Dumbo is the fourth movie in the “Walt Disney Animated Classics” series.
- The story was based upon the “Roll-A-Book” written by Helen Aberson and illustrated by Harold Pearl.
- The film was conceived during the Great Depression and Disney’s goal was to give Americans a story with an uplifting message as they faced difficult times.
- Walt Disney acted out each part of the movie, as it was being planned.
- With a run-time of 64 minutes, Dumbo is one of Disney’s shortest animated features.
- Disney Dumbo portrays the happiness that Dumbo feels soaring over the crowd. The onlookers’ faces beam with pride and joy in their friend’s accomplishments.
- Timothy Q. Mouse, Dumbo’s best friend, joins Dumbo on his first flight without the aid of a “magic feather” originally provided by Timothy to teach the elephant to believe in himself and gave him the courage to fly.
- Casey Junior, the iconic steam engine who overcame his own obstacles, is featured in this painting, cheerfully arriving at the circus station to welcome his friend Dumbo.